International College of Cosmetology (ICC) is a private college that implements two study programs – Aesthetic Cosmetology and Therapeutic Massage, both in the study field of Health Care (accredited until December 2028 according to the Higher Education Law).
ICC acts in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia, the Law of Higher Education Institutions, the Law of Education, the Law of Professional Education and their corresponding regulations, as well as the internal regulations of the International College of Cosmetology.
Detailed Study course catalog Aesthetic Cosmetology
GOAL – To prepare professional and world-competitive specialists in short-cycle professional higher education and receive the qualification of “Beauty Specialist (Cosmetology)
1. To prepare students in accordance with the requirements of the State Standard of Professional Higher Education and the Professional Standard “Beauty Specialist (in Cosmetology)”.
2. To provide an opportunity to acquire the necessary theoretical knowledge, professional skills and practical abilities in order to be able to fully work in beauty care companies, beauty care institutions of health care institutions, or commercial structures as an employer or employee, or work as a self-employed person or as a sole proprietor.
3. To provide an opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills with modern cosmetology technologies and methods, using cosmetic products in solving respective beauty problems.
4. To observe professional work ethic, work and technical safety standards, general hygiene requirements, and other regulatory enactments of professional activity.
5. To provide students with the opportunity to continue in the first cycle of professional higher education programs in order to obtain a sixth-level professional qualification.
1. Understands global trends in beauty and healthcare
2. Understands hygiene and safety rules of their profession, professional ethics
3. Is able to apply communication strategies in various situations
4. Understanding human anatomy and physiological processes are able to see the regularities between health and beauty care
5. Is able to collect anamnesis and diagnose aesthetic problems and give recommendations to the client
6. Is able to independently apply appropriate technologies, methods, and cosmetic products in solving respective beauty problems
7. Able to maintain responsible business
8. Is able to introduce the latest evidence-based research in the field of health care